BS Business Management
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Business Management, offered through the University of Mount Olive’s Robert L. Tillman School of Business, prepares graduates to successful managements and effective leaders by getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives. Students are taught to use available resources more efficiently and effectively.
Management comprises of planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing, and controlling an organization or effort to accomplish a goal. No matter the situation, type of organization, or number of persons, there will always be a need for management to ensure the orderly execution of the desired outcome.
Key Program Features
Exercise the administrative management skills necessary to plan, organize, direct and control fundamental operations of business entities
Demonstrate the ability to assess and develop a firm’s human resource policies
Practice research skills necessary to gain an understanding of a firm’s external environment, including the economy, markets, and competitive global industries
Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of alternative financial choices by examining a firm’s financial statements, assessing performance, resources and potential for growth
Utilize software and technology in solving business problems
The goal of Business Management is to prepare students for careers in business with an emphasis on developing their abilities as an ethical leader.
- The BS degree in Business Administration: Business Management provides an expedited path for students interested in pursuing the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
Students learn the general principles of business administration in addition to the mechanics of how to run an organization. Some of the topics they will be exposed include:
- Theories and Principles of Law
- Human Resources
- Management of a small business
- International Business
The Bachelor of Science undergraduate programs including Accounting, Business Management, Computer Information Systems, Healthcare Management, and Human Resource Management in the Tillman School of Business are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), 7007 College Blvd. Suite 420 Overland Park, KS 66211, (913) 339-9366.
School of Business Core (30SH):
- ACC 211 Principles of Accounting I
- ACC 212 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BUS 201 Business Law
- BUS 302 Statistics for Behavioral Sciences
- BUS 370 International Business
- FIN 320 Corporation Finance
- HRM 322 Human Capital Management
- MGT 311 Fundamentals of Management
- MIS 300 Management of Information Systems
- MKT 351 Fundamentals of Marketing
- BUS 250 Business Communications
- BUS 410 Business Policy and Strategy
- ECO 301 Applied Economics for Managers OR
- ECO 315 The Morality and Economics of a Capitalist Society
- ECO 310 Money and Banking
- HRM 440 Employment Law
- MGT 316 Organizational BehaviorMGT 345 Operations and Supply Chain Management
- MGT 385 Entrepreneurship & Small Bus Management
- MGT 400 Organizational Development and Change
- MIS 347 Internet and Social Media Marketing