Campus Safety’s number one priority is the safety and well-being of our campus community, which is why we provide 24-hour coverage, seven days a week. Safety officers’ duties consist of patrolling the entire campus, securing buildings and property, issuing citations and parking regulations, working special events, responding to calls for assistance, and providing educational seminars and events.
Every effort is made to keep UMO a safe place for students to study, work and live. Two campus safety officers are on duty 24 hours a day to ensure the safety of the entire university campus. Any condition that could endanger the welfare of students should be reported immediately to the appropriate authority (a Campus Safety officer or other Student Affairs staff member).
Questions and concerns should be referred to the Campus Safety Office, which is under the division of Student Affairs. We are located on 512 Henderson Street.
- Campus Safety Escort Service: Provides a walking and driving service throughout the entire campus.
- Lost and Found: All items can be retrieved at the Campus Safety Office.
- Operation ID: Protect your personal property by having your property engraved, free of charge.
- Laptop Registration: Students are encouraged to prevent theft by registering their laptops with campus safety, free of charge.
- Bike Registration: Students are encouraged to prevent theft by registering their bikes with campus safety, free of charge.
- Crime Alerts: Timely warnings and information of incidents on campus.
- Anonymous Tips Site: Provide anonymous information to the Campus Safety Office regarding possible crimes, planned crimes, policy violations, and/or crime information.
- Emergency Blue Lights: Self-activated emergency system.
Campus Crime Statistics
The University of Mount Olive is concerned about the safety and welfare of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. Crime statistics are available by clicking here or may be requested from the Student Affairs Office located at 634 Henderson St., Mount Olive, NC 28365.
- Students register vehicles with Student Affairs (free parking permits).
- Faculty/staff register with Human Resources.
- All visitors must display a temporary pass from Student Affairs Office or Campus Safety Office.
Information About Drugs and Alcohol
- Drugs and alcohol are not allowed on campus or in the residence facilities.