The University of Mount Olive is Here to Help You Maximize Your Company’s Full Potential
As the leader in adult higher education in NC, the University of Mount Olive (UMO) has prepared graduates to excel in their careers, and elevate their companies to new heights. We want to help you advance your business, too! If you are like most businesses, you want to help your employees improve, but don’t know where to start. The University of Mount Olive is here to help you train your workforce at all levels, helping you stand out from the crowd!
Why UMO? We are:
- Respected: UMO was a forerunner in adult education, offering a convenient and flexible way for working adults to earn their degree since 1993. Over 20,000 lives have been transformed since our founding in 1951.
- Experienced: UMO has worked with organizations to develop customized partnerships including specialized programs focused on the needs of your business. We can even take our classes to your business!
- Convenient: Nine locations throughout eastern NC allow students who prefer a seated class the opportunity to continue full-time employment and earn their degree by attending class one night a week. Locations include Mount Olive, Fayetteville at the Partnership for Children, Goldsboro at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, Jacksonville, New Bern, Research Triangle Park, Smithfield at Johnston Community College, Washington, and Wilmington. UMO also offers online programs in some of today’s most requested majors, at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Affordable: UMO partners with organizations to offer scholarship programs and tuition assistance to make the cost of earning a degree even more affordable.
- Comprehensive: UMO offers degree programs from associate to bachelor to master level.
- Personal: UMO evaluates the work experience and training of each student to offer experiential credit if applicable.
- Accredited: The University of Mount Olive is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (www.sacscoc.org)to award the associate, baccalaureate, and masters degrees. The undergraduate programs in the Tillman School of Business are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), 7007 College Blvd. Suite 420 Overland Park, KS 66211, (913) 339-9366. The RN to BSN is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One DuPont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791. The Master of Science in Nursing program at the University of Mount Olive is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
To learn more about our various degree programs, please click here.
For more information about admissions, click here.
Successful Partnerships with UMO
Wondering how UMO could possibly partner with your organization? View some of our current partnerships below, and let’s talk!
- Watts School of Nursing (Durham, NC)
Prerequisites for Watts School of Nursing are completed through an articulation agreement between Watts School of Nursing and the University of Mount Olive. At the completion of the requirements for the Diploma in Nursing from Watts School of Nursing, the University of Mount Olive awards the Associate of Science Degree in Health Science.
- Partnership for Children of Cumberland County, Inc. (Fayetteville, NC)
This partnership offers a unique experience for students who cannot attend class during normal business hours and want to earn a bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education. Faculty, Advisors, Financial Aid Representatives, and Admissions staff provide on-site services to students enrolled in the program. Classes meet one night a week from 6-10 pm at the PCCC facility and graduates receive a degree from the University of Mount Olive. To learn more about this opportunity, please click here.
- Burlington Police Department (Burlington, NC)
The University of Mount Olive has partnered with the Burlington Police Department to provide on-site classes for busy law enforcement personnel looking to complete their bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice and Criminology. UMO provides on-site resources and support to help students attend evening classes at the Burlington Police Department, evening classes at UMO’s Research Triangle Park location, or online.
- Durham Technical Community College (Durham, NC)
The University of Mount Olive has partnered with Durham Tech Community College to host DTCC courses at the UMO at Research Triangle Park location. The University of Mount Olive provides professional classroom and administrative space for students attending Durham Tech courses.
- Four Region Child Care Resource & Referral Association (Wilmington, NC)
The University of Mount Olive provides meeting facilities for ongoing training sessions and administrative space for the Four Region Child Care Resource & Referral Association to serve early childhood education leaders.
- Johnston Community College (Smithfield, NC)
The University of Mount Olive has partnered with Johnston Community College to provide on-site classes for students looking to pursue a bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Management, Healthcare Management, Human Resource Management, Computer Information Systems, or Early Childhood Education.
Contact us to schedule a phone call or presentation so we can learn more about each other and talk about potential partnership ideas. We are ready to partner with you!
Questions? Please contact Dr. Lisa Nuesell, Dean of Extended Education, at 919-381-6912 or firstname.lastname@example.org.