This site is maintained by Generate Design on behalf of the University of Mount Olive.
Thank you for visiting our site. This statement discloses the privacy practices for the University of Mount Olive website and any related offline print and electronic publications. By using our site or one of our offline print or electronic publications, you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information as described in this statement. If you do not agree to the terms of this statement, then please do not use the site or such publications. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU AGREE TO OUR COLLECTION, USE, AND MAINTENANCE OF YOUR INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES. If you are visiting the Site from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. All information you provide will be processed and securely maintained in our web servers and internal systems located within the United States. If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at 634 Henderson St. Mount Olive, NC 28365.
Definitions and interpretation
|collectively all information that you submit to the University of Mount Olive via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
|Credit & Debit Card Data
|We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties;
|a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
|User or you
|any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by University of Mount Olive and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to University of Mount Olive and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
|the website that you are currently using, www.umo.edu and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Collection of Information
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with governing law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling the University of Mount Olive to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, University of Mount Olive is the “data controller”.
We may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to fulfill your requests for products and services; (2) to provide you with targeted offers, Site content and advertising on the Site; (3) to contact you with information and promotional materials and offers from our Type of Cookie Purpose Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. This includes UMO as well as from our affiliates, other related companies, educational institutions, marketing partners and other third parties, if you have agreed to receive such communications; (4) to contact you when necessary; (5) to review Site and product usage and operations; (6) to address problems with the Site, our business or our products and services; and (7) to protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business.
Users who have opted-in through our online and offline registration forms can opt-out of receiving future communications from us. Users may also request removal directly from our partners at any time in the future. We make every effort to honor their request; however, we expressly disclaim responsibility for the actions of partners or other third parties beyond our control. To remove information from our database, users can send us an email to email@example.com or contact us by mail at 634 Henderson St. Mount Olive, NC 28365. You may also use the opt-out mechanism that is contained in each email.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by the University of Mount Olive. To access, correct or request that we make no further use of your personal information, please send us an firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by mail at 634 Henderson St. Mount Olive, NC 28365.
Controlling the use of your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
The functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Third-party websites and services
The University of Mount Olive may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes in business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
The University of Mount Olive has taken certain physical, electronic, contractual and managerial steps to safeguard and secure your personal information. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your Site account information, including your password, and you are responsible for all use of the Site accessed through it. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other actual or suspected breach of Site security. You may report suspected violations to the Webmaster at the address listed above.
We do not direct the Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under thirteen.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
Changes to this Privacy Statement