BA Agricultural Communication and Leadership
The Bachelor of Art degree in Agricultural Communication and Leadership program, offered 100% online, prepares graduates for a rapidly growing field in agriculture including use of clones, drones, and iPhones! The University of Mount Olive, located in the heart of production agriculture in NC, has served as a leader in both education and agribusiness. The School of Agriculture and Biological Sciences in keeping with this reputation, is offering a completely online Bachelor of Arts degree in Agricultural Communication and Leadership. This program is designed to allow students the flexibility to attain this degree and support career advancement all while working and attending to life’s many demands.
This degree encourages students to engage their own creative, critical thinking, and strategic problem-solving skills to articulate the story of agriculture through various media formats. Additionally the degree, introduces and evaluates leadership styles and strategies, preparing students to propel themselves and the organizations served to success!
Key Program Features
Develop a professional leadership plan
Create strategies to be effective communicators – orally, written, and digitally
Enhance and develop communication strategies for the agricultural industry
Evaluate and embody leadership skills in teams, groups, or as individuals
Students are educated in a diverse range of communication methods and leadership strategies by –
- Examining the foundations of modern mass communications and various communications methods available for the food, fiber, and natural resources industries.
- Exploring the principles, concepts, and skills necessary in photo-journalism, in addition to basic web design, and social media platforms to tell the story of the agricultural industry.
- Applying current research and theories related to time management in addition to practical and relatable solutions to managing time and limited resources within the parameters of modern agricultural settings.
- Evaluating personal leadership concepts related to personal reflection, strengths, communication skills, problem-solving, decision-making, goal-setting, developing a self-concept, and using personal influence.
- Applying principles and techniques involved in creating, organizing and directing teams.
- Personal Leadership
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Management
- Human Resource Development
- Sales And Presentation Skills
- Facilitation And Engagement Training
- Strategic Management
- Policy Development
- Government Relations
- Media Relations
- Marketing Skills
UMO Agriculture Updates
- Agricultural Association/Organizational Management
- Agricultural Policy Development
- Corporate Agricultural Marketing And Communications
- Agricultural Program Administrators
- Industry Relations Specialist
- Public Affairs
- Adult & Extension Education
- Advertising Copy Writer
- Broadcast Journalist
- Communications Coordinator
- Public Relations Manager
- Web Manager
- Agricultural Marketing
- Agricultural Communications Director/Public Affairs
- Agricultural Media Specialist
- Corporate Trainer
- Agricultural Education
- Management/Leadership Role Within Agricultural Enterprises