BA Computer Information Systems
Offered through the University of Mount Olive’s Robert L. Tillman School of Business, the Bachelor of Arts in Computer Information Systems (CIS) program is a transfer friendly degree program tailored to working adults and can be completed 100% online. The CIS program prepares students with the knowledge and application of skillsets required by every organization or company that uses technology.
Key Program Features
Master the use of technology language
Design and build an appropriate system to solve a loosely defined business problem
Demonstrate skills necessary for the implementation of an IT project
Prepare technical documents and presentations
Validate comprehensive understanding of information
The Computer Information Systems curriculum blends a variety of IT disciplines, some of which map to important IT industry certifications. The online curriculum also allows students to complete the program remotely, while still having access to departmental faculty either in person or via technology.
- The BA provides an expedited path for students interested in pursuing the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
- Students may also petition to receive Experiential Learning Credit (ELC) for the knowledge, training, and skills they previously learned outside of the traditional academic setting.
Students learn the general principles of business in addition to the mechanics of how to collect and analyze data. Among the topics included are the following:
- Theories and Principles of Law
- Human Resources
- System Analysis and Design
- Business Application Programing, Data Communications, and Network
- Web Design
- Database Management
The program places an emphasis on important technology certifications based on the needs of today’s vast computing infrastructure. In addition, UMO has a Pearson Vue Testing facility that allows students to take IT certification tests at a discount.
- Computer Information Systems
- ACC 211 Principles of Accounting I
- HRM 322 Human Capital Management
- MIS 331 E-Business/E-Commerce
- ACC 212 Principles of Accounting II
- CIS 310 Systems Analysis and Design
- MKT 351 Fundamentals of Marketing
- CIS 313 Business Application Programming
- CIS 323 Business Data Comm. & Networking
- FIN 320 Corporation Finance
- CIS 425 Database Management Systems
- ECO 301 Applied Economics for Managers
- MIS 315 Project Management of Information Systems
- BUS 302 Statistics for Behavioral Science
- BUS 416 Government Regulations, the Law, and Ethics in Business
- CIS 455 Cybersecurity
- MIS 483 Systems Development Project