BA Computer Science: Business Concentration
The Bachelor of Art in Computer Science: Business Concentration, offered 100% online, provides a degree path for students who want to combine Computer Science with an in-depth focus on a Business Administration. The Computer Science program offers students an interdisciplinary degree which forms a solid foundation for a secure career path. This program serves our students in developing industry skills while building a foundation of business content and knowledge. Graduates are prepared to design software to solve real-world problems, learn to analyze data, develop software applications, and work on small or large complex systems.
Key Program Features
Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to identify alternative solutions of complex computing problems
Make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles
Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of requirements
Function effectively as a member or leader of a team
Communicate effectively in a variety of business settings
- The BA in Computer Science is offered 100% online, perfect for the busy adult.
- This interdisciplinary degree has a wide range of general applications in jobs requiring a computer science skills as well as business management theory.
- Programming (in Python and C++)
- Software Development and Maintenance
- Database Development and Administration
- Networking Design and Administration
- Computer Security
- Computer System Administration
- Artificial Intelligence
- CISCO: Networking, Security
- CompTIA: Support/Operation, Networking, Security
- Google: System Operation, Networking, Technical Support
- Microsoft: S/W development, Database Administration, Security, Networking, Web Development, Server/Systems Administration
Various medium and large companies offer internships for Computer Science majors in the RTP area. Some of them are:
SAS, IBM, Oracle, Lenovo, HP, AllScripts, VMware, Pendo, Iqvia, Bandwidth, Smartsheet, Pearson, Dude Solutions, Labcorp, Toshiba Global, Epic Games, Bob Barker, Federal Credit Union, United Therapeutics, etc.