The Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing, offered through the University of Mount Olive’s Robert L. Tillman School of Business, is offered 100% online and tailored to working adults. This degree covers a wide array of business as it relates to consumer behavior, retailing, sales management, digital and technology tools needed to be successful in a marketing career. Our marketing degree teaches students to think strategically and deliver measurable results, in essence, to become effective decision makers.
Key Program Features
Marketing principles, fundamentals, and management
Retailing and consumer behavior
Social media marketing
Managerial and ethical decision making
Business plan development and implementation
Economics for managers
Logistics and operations management
Human resource management
Financial markets and corporate strategy
Critical thinking, communications, problem solving
- Tillman School of Business students benefit from small classes led by many instructors with field experience.
- The goal of Marketing is to prepare students for careers in business with an emphasis on developing their abilities as ethical leaders.
- The degree program is transfer friendly and tailored to working adults.
- The BA degree in Marketing provides an expedited path for students interested in pursuing the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
- Students may also petition to receive Experiential Learning Credit (ELC) for the knowledge, training, and skills they previously learned outside of the traditional academic setting.
- Students learn the general principles of business administration, marketing, in addition to the mechanics of how to run an organization. Some of the topics they will be exposed include:
- Government Regulations, Law, & Ethics in Business
- Marketing principles, fundamentals, and management
- Retailing and consumer behavior
- Social media marketing
- Human Resources
- Management of a small business
An internship is not a requirement, yet highly encouraged. Students will be working with TSB’s Internship Coordinator to secure an Internship while earning valuable marketing experience and gaining 3 shrs of General Elective course credit.
There are no certifications directly required by the program, yet students can pursue the following:
- BB&T Emerging Leadership Program Certification (not as course credit)
- Business Analytics (pursue as General Elective Course Credit)
- Technical and Professional Communications (pursue as General Elective Course Credit)
- Business Communication Certification administered in BUS 250, Business Communication course (pursue as General Elective Course Credit)
- One being reviewed and considered for integration into the following course:
- MKT 405 Marketing Management course (Take Professional Certified Marketer (PCM)® – Marketing Management exam)
- Working business professionals who are managing jobs, family, and other obligations but are interested in earning a bachelor’s degree in Marketing for:
- Career advancement or career field changes
- Increased earning potential
- Developing skills to obtain certifications
- Developing network opportunities
- Obtaining/developing marketable skills
- Personal growth
- Improving teamwork skills
- A sense of personal accomplishment
- Students seeking an expedited path in pursuing a Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
- ACC 211 Principles of Accounting I
- HRM 322 Human Capital Management
- MIS 331 E-Business/E-Commerce
- MKT 351 Fundamentals of Marketing
- MKT 352 Consumer Behavior
- ACC 212 Principles of Accounting II
- MIS 347 Internet and Social Media Marketing for Business
- MKT 355 Principles of Retailing
- FIN 320 Corporation Finance
- MGT 385 Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management
- ECO 301 Applied Economics for Managers
- CIS 322 Spreadsheet Modeling for Decision Making
- MGT 345 Operations & Supply Chain Management
- BUS 416 Government Regulation, Law & Ethics in Business
- BUS 302 Statistics for Behavioral Science
- MKT 405 Marketing Management