BS Business Analytics
Offered through the University of Mount Olive’s Robert L. Tillman School of Business, the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Business Analytics prepares graduates with the knowledge and application of data analytics skill sets required by every organization or company that uses data to make business decisions. The program places an emphasis on current and up-to-date software and tools in the field.
Key Program Features
Multi-industry/domain career opportunities; data analytics/scientists are professions in demand. Our Business Analytics program of study prepares students for graduate school and a multitude of career opportunities.
Prepares students with a comprehensive background in the elements underpinning any organizational function: finance, operations & logistics, marketing, human resources, and information technology.
Collaborative joint certificate certificate with the SAS Institute, an industry leader in Analytics and Business Intelligence headquartered in Cary, North Carolina.
The Business Analytics curriculum integrates a variety of current data science and analytics tools and techniques throughout the curriculum so that graduates are familiar with a variety of software packages, including: SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Minor, and R programming. Moreover, the curriculum is diverse and the systematic analysis of data involves quantitative and qualitative data.
Students learn the general principles of business in addition to the mechanics of how to collect and analyze data. Some of the topics include:
- Theories and Principles of Law
- Human Resources
- Data Preparation and Analysis
- Predictive Modeling
- Analytics Case Analysis
In coordination with the SAS Institute, Inc., UMO offers a UMO-SAS joint certificate.
- Business Analytics
School of Business Core (30SH):
- ACC 211 Principles of Accounting I
- ACC 212 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BUS 201 Business Law
- BUS 302 Statistics for Behavioral Sciences
- BUS 370 International Business
- FIN 320 Corporation Finance
- HRM 322 Human Capital Management
- MGT 311 Fundamentals of Management
- MIS 300 Management of Information Systems
- MKT 351 Fundamentals of Marketing
- BUS 363 Text Mining and Analytics
- BUS 367 Quality Management and Analytics
- BUS 462 Data Reduction and Visualization
- BUS 463 Predictive Modeling I
- BUS 464 Predictive Modeling II
- BUS 365 Predictive Modeling III
- BUS 468 Analytics Case Studies I
- BUS 469 Analytics Case Studies II
- CIS 322 Spreadsheet Modeling for Decision Making
- MGT 340 Management Science