BS Computer Information Systems
Offered through the University of Mount Olive’s Robert L. Tillman School of Business, the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Computer Information Systems (CIS) program prepares students with the knowledge and application of skillsets required by every organization or company that uses technology. The degree program is transfer-friendly and builds the foundation of knowledge and skills in computer technology, as well as business and leadership.
Key Program Features
Master the use of technology language
Design and build an appropriate system to solve a loosely defined business problem
Demonstrate skills necessary for the implementation of an IT project
Prepare technical documents and presentations
Validate comprehensive understanding of information
The Computer Information Systems curriculum blends a variety of IT disciplines, some of which map to important IT industry certifications. The BS provides an expedited path for students interested in pursuing the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
Students learn the general principles of business in addition to the mechanics of how to collect and analyze data. Among the topics included are the following:
- Theories and Principles of Law
- Human Resources
- System Analysis and Design
- Business Application Programing, Data Communications, and Network
- Web Design
- Database Management
Though not required, students in the Computer Information Systems program are highly encouraged to complete an internship, differentiating them from graduates lacking this experience.
The program places an emphasis on important technology certifications based on the needs of today’s vast computing infrastructure. In addition, UMO has a Pearson Vue Testing facility that allows students to take IT certification tests at a discount.
The Bachelor of Science undergraduate programs including Accounting, Business Management, Computer Information Systems, Healthcare Management, and Human Resource Management in the Tillman School of Business are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), 7007 College Blvd. Suite 420 Overland Park, KS 66211, (913) 339-9366.
- Computer Information Systems
School of Business Core (30SH):
- ACC 211 Principles of Accounting I
- ACC 212 Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BUS 201 Business Law
- BUS 302 Statistics for Behavioral Sciences
- BUS 370 International Business
- FIN 320 Corporation Finance
- HRM 322 Human Capital Management
- MGT 311 Fundamentals of Management
- MIS 300 Management of Information Systems
- MKT 351 Fundamentals of Marketing
- CIS 310 Systems Analysis and Design
- CIS 313 Business Application Programming
- CIS 322 Spreadsheet Modeling for Decision-making
- CIS 323 Business Data Communication and Networking
- CIS 425 Database Management
- CIS 435 Web Design and Development
- CIS 455 Cybersecurity
- MIS 315 Project Management of Information Systems
- MIS 347 Internet and Social Media Marketing for Business
- MIS 483 Systems Development Project