BS Graphic Design
This degree is designed to prepare the student to enter the graphic design profession. The three areas of study within the program are graphic design, illustration, and digital imaging.
Key Program Features
The Department of Visual Arts’ mission is to provide educational opportunities that will enable our students to become competent in the theory and practice of visual art.
The department will emphasize technical proficiency, conceptual understanding, increased awareness of the student’s artistic talents, and the role of the arts in society, including experiential learning and interdisciplinary opportunities.
Our departmental faculty provides a diversity of expertise and experience, which we share with our majors through anecdotal discussion and classroom skill development.
Our department is small and our majors and art faculty are close-knit as a department. Our class sizes are also small, and one-on-one instruction is the rule rather than the exception. Our faculty encourages interaction with our majors even if students are not in a specific class with a faculty member.
We offer scholarships to students who show good progress and dedication to their major. Scholarships are in values of $500, $1000, $1500, and $2000. Students must maintain good academic standing in order to keep scholarships.
- Graphic Design
- Art 115 Design Fundamentals
- ART 122 Painting Fundamentals
- ART 132 Graphic Design Fundamentals
- ART 142 Photography Fundamentals
- ART 252 Art History Survey
- ART 312 Portfolio Development
- ART 412 Senior Portfolio
Graphic Design Concentration (27SH)
- ART 232 Layout and Composition
- ART 235 Digital Applications
- ART 241 Advanced Photographic Concepts
- ART 253 History of Graphic Design
- ART 331 Package Design
- ART 335 Digital Composition
- ART 433 Advanced Graphic Design
- ART 343 Web Designs
- ART 435 Illustration
ART Electives (choose 12 SH)
- Magazine Art Director
- Publication Designer
- Television Graphics Designer
- Film Title Designer
- Store Design, Concept, Display
- Production Artist
- Package Designer
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Promotions
- Corporate Communications Director
- Interactive Educational Designer
- Corporate Identity/Branding
- Web Designer
- Freelance Graphic Designer