The Bachelor of Science in Religion, delivered 100% online, prepares students to pursue their calling into the ministry as they study biblical, theological, and faith-related topics. We believe that faith transforms lives and therefore we desire to help our students intentionally engage in the process of spiritual formation. Our program is founded on the truth that spiritual formation helps us begin to realize that who we are is as important as what we do.
Key Program Features
Learn to discover who you are in Christ and discern and prepare for God’s call towards your vocation
Study biblical, historical, theological, and applied disciplines in a classical Christian theological program
Prepare for academic and vocational excellence
Engage in the process of spiritual formation
- We are intentional about discipleship, combining engaging study with hands-on ministry.
- Spiritual formation is the foundation of our program.
- Students are encouraged to be critical thinkers.
- A sense of community is important, even in an online learning environment.
Graduates are equipped to think creatively and to use critical thinking skills. They are also prepared to speak publically, assist in conflict resolution, lead, network, and develop a prophetic imagination. The Religion program boasts a 100% job placement rate.
Biblical Core: (12sh)
- REL 232 Old Testament I: Hebrew Narrative
- REL 233 New Testament: Gospels
- REL 332 Old Testament II: The Later Prophets & Writings
- REL 333 New Testament II: Acts & The Epistles
Spiritual Core: (6sh)
- REL 300 Human Development & Faith Form (16 weeks)
- REL 350 Spiritual Formation
Historical Core: (9sh)
- REL 240 Survey of World Religions
- REL 421 History of Christianity I
- REL 422 History of Christianity II
Theological Core: (3sh)
- REL 322 Explaining Christian Thoughts
Applied Core: (15sh)
- REL 352 Dying and Death: A Study for Ministry
- REL 302 Intro to Christian Public Worship
- REL 340 Sermon Preparation and Delivery
- REL 342 Church Leadership
- REL 412 Christian Koinōnia: The Living Witness of the Church
- REL 396 Supervised Ministry