MASKING: Mask wearing will continue to be optional on campus. Those that have been exposed to COVID-19 or have recently had COVID-19 are asked to wear a mask as directed below under exposure precautions and isolation guidelines.
COVID-19 TESTING: Available COVID-19 testing on campus and in the community is limited. Students are strongly encouraged to bring COVID-19 home tests with them to campus. PLEASE test before leaving home to come to campus if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. If you begin having COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 once you arrive or before you arrive to campus, contact Nurse Holly at 919-658-7888 or at HDaly@umo.edu.
COVID-19 VACCINE: The COVID-19 vaccine is not required, but highly recommended. Everyone 6 years of age and older should get 1 updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to be considered up-to-date. If you interested in getting a COVID-19 vaccine, contact Nurse Holly at HDaly@umo.edu for more information.
COVID-19 Exposure Precautions: If you were exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 or have been told by a healthcare provider or public health authority that you were exposed, here are the steps that you should take, regardless of your vaccination status or if you have had a previous infection.
After Being Exposed to COVID-19: Wear a mask as soon as you find out you were exposed. Start precautions immediately.
- Day 0 is the day of your last exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- Day 1 is the first full day after your last exposure.
- Continue precautions for 10 full days.
- Day 6 get tested. Get tested as least 5 full days after your last exposure, even if you do not have symptoms. If you test negative continue to take precautions through day 10. If you test positive isolate immediately.
- Notify Student Health Services anytime you have a positive COVID-19 test.
ISOLATION GUIDELINES: If you test positive for COVID-19, isolate regardless of vaccination status for 5 days. Day 0 is the first day you experience COVID-19 symptoms or the day you tested COVID-19 positive, if you did not experience symptoms. Wear a well-fitting mask if you must be around others in your home. You may end isolation after 5 full days, if you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and your symptoms are improving. Wear a well-fitting mask for 10 full days any time you are around others inside your home on in public.
Seek emergency medical attention (call 911) for any of the symptoms below:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFORMATION:
- Contact Nurse Holly at 919-658-788 or HDaly@umo.edu, if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19. During the evening/nighttime or weekend hours contact your RA.
- If you are required to isolate, you will do so in place.
- The COVID-19 dashboard will no longer be updated. Due to the wide variety of options for testing, specifically home testing, it is no longer a valid source of data.
- It will be the responsibility of the student in isolation on campus to pick up their to-go meals from the cafeteria. A mask must be worn when picking up their meals.
- It will be the responsibility of the student in isolation to work out absences and missed work with their professors. If the student has any issues with this, please contact the Vice President for Academic Affairs
Contact Nurse Holly for vaccine information, or additional vaccine information can be found here: