To date, the University of Mount Olive has been notified of the following COVID-19 positive cases. This site is updated whenever there is new information regarding cases or when 10 days has passed since an active case was posted. This chart includes all campus data beginning on January 04, 2021.
Active Count as of January 25 (currently in isolation/quarantine)
Cumulative positive confirmed cases as of January 25 - Students
|Students Active||Students Recovered|
Cumulative positive confirmed cases as of January 25 - Employees
|Employees Active||Employees Recovered|
If you are contacted by University of Mount Olive Health Services, Human Resources or the Health Department for contact tracing, please answer all questions to assist in this effort and help control the virus in our community. Under HIPAA regulations, the University of Mount Olive is unable to provide additional details.
UPDATE: January 5, 2021 Spring Semester Plans
- All students have been emailed about the check-in schedule and procedures for the spring. Please refer to your UMO email for more detailed information.
- Residence halls reopen on Tuesday, January 19th for the Spring semester. You MUST complete the screening process before reentering the residential facilities.
- All traditional courses will be virtual for the first week: January 20 – 22.
- Online classes for the Spring semester will begin on Monday, January 11.
- We strongly encourage all traditional students to return between Tuesday, January 19thand Friday, January 22nd so they can go through the screening process and be cleared to attend seated classes. The screening process will occur in the Pope Wellness Center.
- All traditional students must complete the screening process before they will be admitted to seated courses beginning on Monday, January 25th.
- A new clearance card will be issued during the screening process and is required for admission to seated courses beginning on Monday January 25th.
- In January, if you are experiencing COVID like symptoms or have been exposed to someone with the virus, you should contact Health Services PRIOR to returning to the campus. You should not return to Mount Olive if you are sick, have been exposed, or are under active quarantine protocols. Health Services will help determine when it is safe for you to return for the Spring semester.
- It is more important than ever for you to continue following all COVID-19 protocols including spacing, wearing, masks, and hand washing.