Opportunities at UMO
Full Time Openings
The School of Arts and Sciences at the University of Mount Olive invites applications for a full-time faculty position for a new undergraduate Communication Disorders program beginning July, 2020. The School expects the successful applicant to guide the implementation of an innovative BS in Communication Disorders degree.
- Masters in Speech Language Pathology required. Ph.D. in Communications Disorders, Speech Pathology, or related discipline preferred
- Credentials sufficient for North Carolina Licensing for Speech-Language Pathology
- Experience in curriculum design and assessment
- University teaching experience (graduate teaching experience a plus)
Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and graduate and undergraduate transcripts to: Cindi Wellinger/Executive Assistant to the VPAA/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: FacultyApplication@umo.edu.
Staff and Administrative
The University of Mount Olive at Mount Olive location has an opening for an Admissions Representative.
- Nurture, build and sustain ongoing professional relationships with prospective students and those who influence them to achieve assigned enrollment management objectives within allocated travel and spending budget by moving students and their parents to progressively higher levels of interest and commitment to enrollment at University of Mount Olive
- Meet or exceed all enrollment goals consistently
- Know and be able to clearly explain all aspects of the University of Mount Olive Mission Statement
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of all MOC academic offerings, the catalog and all brochures, scholarship information, University support systems and their procedures
- Compare and evaluate appropriate recruitment history and courses of action concerning the distinctive aspects of assigned territories, including but not limited to sources of students, preferences of students, and sources of competition located in the territory
- Formulate and determine what works best for the assigned territories, evaluate the potential for travel and programs in the territory, develop a plan to achieve the enrollment objectives for the territory and make decisions for achievement of territorial enrollment objectives
- Present the plan for the Director’s approval and execute the approved plan within the approved budget
- Monitor and analyze data showing performance for high schools and/or community colleges in the territory, evaluate possible courses of action and execute a plan that focuses on high schools that should receive more attention than others
- Represent University of Mount Olive to prospective students through individual appointments, phone calls, education days, open houses, and group meetings
- Regularly monitor the inquiry, hot prospect, application and deposit numbers from the assigned territory, compare and evaluate possible courses of action to maximize the achievement of enrollment goals for the assigned territory
- Strategically determine the next best source and means of institutional contact for each of the hot prospects in the assigned territory
- Continually re-qualify the inquiry pool, so that those inquiries most likely to enroll are the ones being contacted on a regular basis. Contact hot prospects at least once per week
- Monitor the receipt of applications from the assigned territory and see that those most likely to enroll are being contacted at least once a week.
- Ensure that all inbound and outbound communication with prospects and applicants is accurately recorded in a timely manner in the University of Mount Olive computer system
- Evaluate applications for admissions from the assigned territory making each admit/reject decision using discretionary professional judgment about the applicant’s academic preparation, academic work ethic, and fit for the academic programs at University of Mount Olive
- Formulate and determine the best way to provide informational assistance to students and/or parents in completing financial aid forms, institutional scholarship applications, payment plans and loans
- Award institutional scholarships for academic, leadership, church affiliation and need based programs using professional judgment about applicant’s eligibility and ability to meet the requirements for continued participation.
- Coordinate institutional award decisions with the total financial aid package for new students in the assigned territory, working with families and their financial aid counselor
- Document activity and decisions about applications for admissions and institutional awards from the assigned territory in accordance with established standards
- Complete and collect all required forms for the student’s file.
- Assist the director of marketing in the creation of ideas for literature, displays, promotional materials and programs for use in recruitment.
- Assist in the direction and planning of admissions activities such as school visitation, college/day night programs, visitation days, telephoning, home visits, church related activities, and additional activities as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Contribute toward team achievement of college wide enrollment management objectives by planning and executing assigned professional expertise projects supporting specific functions needed by all territory admissions representatives
- Cultivate alumni, parents, guidance counselors and other constituencies in the territory to assist with the recruitment process.
- Coordinate the recruitment of major pipeline programs with appropriate directors, faculty, financial aid and admissions personnel; assist with the training of student volunteers
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
Bachelor’s degree required. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication and computer skills, and the ability to work independently as well as with a team. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three professional references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Accepting applications until position is filled.
Part Time Openings
The University of Mount Olive invites applications for part-time, adjunct instructors in these areas.
Tillman School of Business
Accounting Behavioral Statistics/Management Science Business Analytics Business Law Business Policy/Strategy Economics/Finance Banking International Business Leadership Marketing Online MBA (must hold a terminal degree in field of study)
Minimum Qualifications – Master’s degree with 18 hours in the teaching discipline or doctoral degree in the teaching discipline – Classroom and online teaching experience preferred – Industry/professional experience preferred To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and undergraduate and graduate transcripts which must be sent directly from the institutions to: Executive Assistant to VP for Academic Affairs/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: Facultyapplication@umo.edu
Minimum Qualifications – Master’s degree with 18 hours in the teaching discipline or doctoral degree in the teaching discipline – Classroom and online teaching experience preferred – Industry/professional experience preferred To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and undergraduate and graduate transcripts which must be sent directly from the institutions to: Executive Assistant to Interim Provost and Chief Academic Officer/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: Facultyapplication@umo.edu
School of Arts and Sciences
Agriculture Art and Music Appreciation Biology (Anatomy and Physiology, Micro) Chemistry Criminal Justice and Criminology English (Composition and Literature) Education (Early Childhood) General Science Health History Mathematics Philosophy Public Speaking Recreation and Leisure Studies Sociology, Psychology.
Minimum Qualifications – Master’s degree with 18 hours in the teaching discipline or doctoral degree in the teaching discipline – Classroom and online teaching experience preferred – Industry/professional experience preferred To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and undergraduate and graduate transcripts which must be sent directly from the institutions to: Executive Assistant to the Interim Provost and Chief Academic Officer/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: Facultyapplication@umo.edu
Staff and Administrative
The University of Mount Olive is searching for a part-time bus driver to drive athletic teams, singing groups, and other student organizations in 29, 41, or 59-passenger buses. Must have flexible schedule since travel may be overnight and on any day of the week. Must have valid NC Class “B” license with “P” endorsement or Class “A” CDL and good driving record. Contact Tina Loy at 919.658.7759 or email@example.com for more information.
The University of Mount Olive has an immediate opening for a part-time Flight Instructor. The Flight Instructor must be an energetic professional with the passion to deliver quality instruction. This Flight Instructor must also maintain a high level of performance standards, with a focus on a safe environment and exceptional customer service.
The successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities:
- Teaching students how to fly in a variety of settings using methods that include textbook education, simulators and live flight training.
- Responsible for training students in subjects such as aircraft systems, operating procedures, handling emergencies, problem analysis, aircraft navigation, radio operation and aerodynamics.
- Use ground-school classes both to teach students the basics of flying an aircraft and to help them prepare for the written test they can expect to face when applying for their pilot’s license from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Provide flight, simulator, and ground instruction in accordance with Part 61 and 141, FAA regulations, Airmen’s Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operations, and University policies and procedures. Schedule students, maintain records, and ensure that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by each student in each flight course.
- Contact and meet with potential new customers. Conduct tours of facilities and familiarize customers with University policies, procedures, and flight training courses.
- Ensure all students understand and practice all aspects of safety program.
- Regularly schedule each assigned student to ensure satisfactory progress through the course and immediately inform supervisor of any delays in training or satisfactory progress.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining all appropriate records to include student training record, student logbook, and computer records.
- Responsible for the timely course completion of all flight students assigned, including completion of required paperwork.
- Monitor the maintenance condition of the training aircraft and inform appropriate personnel of any questionable items.
- Recommend curriculum and courseware improvements when appropriate and develop new curriculum or courseware as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires FAA certification as CFI (Certified Flight Instructor); CFII (Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument) and MEI (Multi-Engine Instructor) certifications are a plus.
- Preferred to have some experience in flight training as a flight instructor and evaluator.
- Must hold a current Second Class FAA Medical Certificate.
For more information, contact Director of Flight Operations, Gary Whaley, at (919) 738-3170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.