Opportunities at UMO
Full Time Openings
The School of Arts and Sciences at the University of Mount Olive invites applications for a full-time faculty position for a new undergraduate Communication Disorders program beginning July, 2020. The School expects the successful applicant to guide the implementation of an innovative BS in Communication Disorders degree.
- Masters in Speech Language Pathology required. Ph.D. in Communications Disorders, Speech Pathology, or related discipline preferred
- Credentials sufficient for North Carolina Licensing for Speech-Language Pathology
- Experience in curriculum design and assessment
- University teaching experience (graduate teaching experience a plus)
Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and graduate and undergraduate transcripts to: Cindi Wellinger/Executive Assistant to the VPAA/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: FacultyApplication@umo.edu.
Staff and Administrative
One Stop Advisor
University of Mount Olive at the RTP Education Center has an immediate opening for a One Stop Advisor. The One-Stop Advisor is responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with individual students that promote student satisfaction and retention. Central to this role is the development and maintenance of a personal relationship with each student on the Advisor’s caseload such that the student knows the Advisor’s name and contacts the Advisor for assistance, especially if they are at risk for stopping or dropping out.
The Advisor meets the non-classroom support needs of students by providing direct solutions to student problems, where possible, and by acting as a relationship manager to ensure that others provide effective solutions when it is not within the Advisor’s scope. Within the scope of services either provided or facilitated by the Advisor are program planning, early matriculation goal setting and periodic revision, time management, and assisting students with inquiries regarding degree requirements, policies and procedures, billing and payment, financial assistance, transfer credit, and general university services.
The Advisor also participates in student orientation events and other student programs as they arise. The Advisor is the student’s principal if not exclusive point of contact in the institution, and as such, is responsible for addressing student issues and complaints as they arise, serving as a student liaison with other functional areas of the organization, and establishing university practices that contribute to student satisfaction and retention. Advisors work as part of a team under the direct supervision of the Director of Adult and Graduate Advising.
- Communicating with assigned students according to relevant calendars, and as indicated by student-associated triggers.
- Advancing students through the student lifecycle to graduation.
- Constructing genuine relationships with assigned students.
- Assisting students with issues related to multiple student service units within the University, including registrar, financial aid, the business office, and academic support services.
- Providing assigned students with accurate and timely academic advising.
- Providing primary assistance with financial issues related to attendance.
Hours of operations are Mon -Thurs 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Friday 8 AM – 5:00 PM
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication and computer skills, and the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three professional references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepting applications until position filled. University of Mount Olive is an equal opportunity employer.
The University of Mount Olive at RTP Education Center has openings for two Admissions Representatives.
- Recruiting prospective students through college events, individual and group information meetings with businesses, medical facilities, professional organizations, childcare centers, etc.
- Conducting interviews with all prospective students through one on one information sessions
- Create and maintain student files
- Some instate travel and limited use of personal vehicle will be required
Hours of operations are Mon -Thurs 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Friday 8 AM – 5:00 PM
Qualifications include: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication and computer skills, and the ability to work independently as well as with a team. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three professional references by email to:email@example.com. Accepting applications until position filled.
The University of Mount Olive has an immediate opening for an Office Coordinator for the Student Affairs Office. This is a fast-paced office that is responsible for most areas of campus life outside of the classroom. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide general administrative support to the Student Affairs Office
- Serve as primary administrative support for the Vice President of Student Affairs
- Accountable for all student files
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality for student records, incidents, and other critical information related to student files
- Serve as the primary administrator for all Federal Government files for the SEVIS program regulating international student visas. (Must be able to register for the Federal SEVIS System to collect and maintain records relating to international student Visas.)
- Maintain student identification system
- Work collaboratively with all departments and employees in the Student Affairs Office
- Serve as the primary and initial contact for students, families, and University visitors in the office
- Manage all minutes, reports, and communication with University Board of Trustee members
- Manage multiple credit card accounts and monthly account transactions/reconciliations
- Must have extensive working knowledge of computers and software systems to include MS-Outlook, MS-Word, MS-Excel, and MS-Access with sufficient typing and word processing skills to develop written (letters and email) correspondence
- Will assist Student Affairs Staff members during traditional and non-traditional work hours as needed during University operation hours. This will require some early morning, late day, and weekend hours.
- Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor as required to meet the needs and growth of the position
Bachelor’s degree required plus two years of progressively responsible office experience. This position requires strong organizational skills, excellent communication and computer skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work independently as well as with a team. The person in this position will serve as the initial contact for the office and must be empathetic, courteous, caring, and have true desire to help students. Must have excellent customer service skills.
Applicant should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to: Dr. Dan Sullivan, Vice President for Student Affairs via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepting applications until position is filled.
Part Time Openings
The University of Mount Olive invites applications for part-time, adjunct instructors in these areas.
Tillman School of Business
Accounting Behavioral Statistics/Management Science Business Analytics Business Law Business Policy/Strategy Economics/Finance Banking International Business Leadership Marketing Online MBA (must hold a terminal degree in field of study)
Minimum Qualifications – Master’s degree with 18 hours in the teaching discipline or doctoral degree in the teaching discipline – Classroom and online teaching experience preferred – Industry/professional experience preferred To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and undergraduate and graduate transcripts which must be sent directly from the institutions to: Executive Assistant to VP for Academic Affairs/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: Facultyapplication@umo.edu
Minimum Qualifications – Master’s degree with 18 hours in the teaching discipline or doctoral degree in the teaching discipline – Classroom and online teaching experience preferred – Industry/professional experience preferred To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and undergraduate and graduate transcripts which must be sent directly from the institutions to: Executive Assistant to Interim Provost and Chief Academic Officer/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: Facultyapplication@umo.edu
School of Arts and Sciences
Agriculture Art and Music Appreciation Biology (Anatomy and Physiology, Micro) Chemistry Criminal Justice and Criminology English (Composition and Literature) Education (Early Childhood) General Science Health History Mathematics Philosophy Public Speaking Recreation and Leisure Studies Sociology, Psychology.
Minimum Qualifications – Master’s degree with 18 hours in the teaching discipline or doctoral degree in the teaching discipline – Classroom and online teaching experience preferred – Industry/professional experience preferred To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and undergraduate and graduate transcripts which must be sent directly from the institutions to: Executive Assistant to the Interim Provost and Chief Academic Officer/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: Facultyapplication@umo.edu
Staff and Administrative
The University of Mount Olive is searching for a part-time bus driver to drive athletic teams, singing groups, and other student organizations in 29, 41, or 59-passenger buses. Must have flexible schedule since travel may be overnight and on any day of the week. Must have valid NC Class “B” license with “P” endorsement or Class “A” CDL and good driving record. Contact Tina Loy at 919.658.7759 or email@example.com for more information.
The University of Mount Olive has an immediate opening for a part-time Flight Instructor. The Flight Instructor must be an energetic professional with the passion to deliver quality instruction. This Flight Instructor must also maintain a high level of performance standards, with a focus on a safe environment and exceptional customer service.
The successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities:
- Teaching students how to fly in a variety of settings using methods that include textbook education, simulators and live flight training.
- Responsible for training students in subjects such as aircraft systems, operating procedures, handling emergencies, problem analysis, aircraft navigation, radio operation and aerodynamics.
- Use ground-school classes both to teach students the basics of flying an aircraft and to help them prepare for the written test they can expect to face when applying for their pilot’s license from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Provide flight, simulator, and ground instruction in accordance with Part 61 and 141, FAA regulations, Airmen’s Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operations, and University policies and procedures. Schedule students, maintain records, and ensure that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by each student in each flight course.
- Contact and meet with potential new customers. Conduct tours of facilities and familiarize customers with University policies, procedures, and flight training courses.
- Ensure all students understand and practice all aspects of safety program.
- Regularly schedule each assigned student to ensure satisfactory progress through the course and immediately inform supervisor of any delays in training or satisfactory progress.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining all appropriate records to include student training record, student logbook, and computer records.
- Responsible for the timely course completion of all flight students assigned, including completion of required paperwork.
- Monitor the maintenance condition of the training aircraft and inform appropriate personnel of any questionable items.
- Recommend curriculum and courseware improvements when appropriate and develop new curriculum or courseware as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires FAA certification as CFI (Certified Flight Instructor); CFII (Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument) and MEI (Multi-Engine Instructor) certifications are a plus.
- Preferred to have some experience in flight training as a flight instructor and evaluator.
- Must hold a current Second Class FAA Medical Certificate.
For more information, contact Director of Flight Operations, Gary Whaley, at (919) 738-3170 or firstname.lastname@example.org.