The fully online Master of Education (MEd), an innovative degree program that allows students who already hold an “A” level (Baccalaureate) license to gain the “M” level (Master’s/Advanced Competencies) licensure from a masters degree, is designed to help teachers enhance their skills and career opportunities. Graduates will emerge from the program as Transformative Teacher Leaders with a knowledge base appropriate for application for National Board Certification. Because of students’ varying backgrounds and areas of interests, they will have individualized programs to help them make the best use of their time and talents. The four-semester-long program provides a balance of coursework and classroom experience, integrating theory and practice. The University of Mount Olive has been approved to offer the MEd program by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction to the North Carolina State Board of Education. Upon completion of the MEd at the University of Mount Olive, graduates will be recommended for graduate-level licensure in one of three content areas:.
- Special Education (general)
HOW IS THE MASTER OF EDUCATION PROGRAM AT UMO DIFFERENT?
The MEd degree at the University of Mount Olive provides each student with an individualized program to accommodate specific needs and interests. During his course of study, each student will:
- Work within a professional learning community enabling students to interact with UMO faculty and professionals from within their community.
- Be guided by a master teacher/mentor within the local school district.
- Have the opportunity for additional learning opportunities. Students who have received National Board certification will receive credit for their work. Students who do not have their National Board endorsement and would like to do so will be provided the opportunity to prepare for certification.
Want to learn more? Send us your information and an admissions representative will contact you shortly!
- Submit a free application online at www.umo.edu/apply.
- Submit official transcripts to:
Dean of Graduate Studies
634 Henderson Street
Mount Olive, NC 28365
- Students must have an earned bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited institution.
- Send three letters of recommendation from whoever can attest to the student’s academic ability
- MEd – Elementary Education:
- MEd – Special Education:
- MEd – Early Childhood Education: