The Master of Science in Nursing program at the University of Mount Olive provides nurses who want to assume a position as a nurse administrator the ability to complete their degree online. The entire MSN program is 100% asynchronous online allowing a working RN with varying shifts the ability to complete their coursework when their schedules will allow. No GRE or MAT assessment required.
The program offers a Nursing Administration concentration and can be completed in as few as four consecutive semesters or 15 months. During your studies, you will receive a head start in your professional preparation with the opportunity to co-author and publish a peer-reviewed journal article with your collaborative mentor and nursing professor. You will have a unique four course nursing research sequence along you to research, write, and publish your thesis.
Upon completion of the MSN program, you will be academically prepared for the Nurse Executive Advanced Certification exam.
Classes are limited to 15 students, allowing personal attention from experienced nursing faculty with nursing administration experience. Admission is offered year-round with spring, summer, and fall semesters. Your personal Admissions Representative, Nursing Faculty Advisor, and Financial Aid Advisor will walk you through everything from your first course through graduation.
The Master of Science in Nursing degree program at the University of Mount Olive is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- Complete your coursework online at the time and place that is convenient for you.
- The 100% online nursing community offers a community of learners, including alumni, who serve as mentors.
- Students are required to attend a two-day “MSN Residency” at the main UMO campus each semester [the first Tuesday and Wednesday of each semester]. This is a great opportunity to meet your classmates and faculty, learn about new resources, address questions, and network.
- Submit a free application online at www.umo.edu/apply.
- Submit official BSN transcripts to the Dean of Graduate Studies, 634 Henderson Street Mount Olive, NC 28365.
- If you are a graduate of the UMO BSN program, transcripts are not required.
- Must have a BSN from an accredited nursing program with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit a collaborative mentor form with your application. Click here to download the form. You will choose a collaborative mentor who is currently working as a nurse administrator, who holds an MSN degree (minimum), and has an active unencumbered RN license to practice in the state of North Carolina.
- Submit a current Curriculum Vitae (CV) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit three letters of recommendation (click here for standardized reference form to be completed by reference) sent directly from reference via email to email@example.com. One of the letters of recommendation needs to be from your current employer.
- Writing sample submitted as a Word document using APA 6th edition citations and formatting discussing the following in 1000-1200 words:
- Discuss how the attainment of the MSN degree will enhance professional nursing administration career goals and future employment opportunities.
- Discuss personal attributes and professional values that work to improve effectiveness for future MSN professional role.
- Describe current potential idea for required master’s project/thesis research study and the ‘gap’ in the nursing literature surrounding this idea.
- Describe personal and professional time management system/process currently used and how that may need to change with the work required of the online MSN degree program.
To learn more about the MSN program, please call (919) 299-4930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.