Guidance Counselor Resources
We are pleased to have you as a partner in helping students take those next steps in their educational journey. We know that helping students search for and prepare for college can be challenging, but we are here to help! Whether you are High School Counselor assisting your students through the application process, or a Community College Counselor guiding your students on the next step in their academic careers, we hope they will choose the University of Mount Olive.
The University of Mount Olive is a Christian faith-based, values-centered private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition. We serve our students, our founding church, and our communities.
Students can apply for FREE by going to www.umo.edu/apply. They will need to create an account using their email address and birthdate. No essay or letters of recommendation are required.
Students that attend school in North Carolina may also apply and request transcripts through the College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) website.
The University of Mount Olive operates on rolling admissions and there is no deadline to apply. The priority housing deadline for fall semesters is mid June of each year.
- For incoming Freshmen:
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/ universities attended.
- For admission requirements, click here.
- For high school course credit requirements, click here.
- For incoming Transfers:
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/ universities attended
- If transferring less than 24 semester hours of credit, official high school transcript is required.
- If transferring in 24 or more hours of credit or student is 21 years of age or older, student is exempt from SAT/ACT.
- Submitting Transcripts
- Official transcripts should have the school seal or stamp on them and mailed in a signed and sealed envelope directly from the school to:
634 Henderson St
Mount Olive, NC 28365
- Transcripts can also be sent electronically to the University of Mount Olive through a transcript portal such as CFNC, Clearinghouse, and Parchment.
- Emailed transcripts and paper transcripts that have been previously opened are not considered official but can be used to evaluate an applicant for a decision. We welcome students to submit unofficial documents to help expedite the admissions process.
- Submitting Test Scores
- Official SAT scores can be requested through https://www.collegeboard.org/. UMO’s SAT code is 5435.
- Official ACT scores can be requested through http://www.act.org/. UMO’s ACT code is 3131.
- While Advanced Placement (AP) scores are not required for Admission, we do require that they are submitted
- High School Score Reports can be sent from the Guidance Counselor in a signed and sealed envelope to:
634 Henderson St
Mount Olive, NC 28365
- Emailed test scores, student reports of test scores, and paper test scores that have been previously opened are not considered official but can be used to evaluate an applicant for a decision. We welcome students to submit unofficial documents to help expedite the admissions process.
- The University of Mount Olive is considered one of the most affordable private colleges in North Carolina. In order to assist in offsetting the cost of paying for college, the University of Mount Olive is committed to helping each and every Traditional student obtain the best financial aid package available.All Traditional applicants will be evaluated for merit-based scholarships upon acceptance. There is no additional application for merit-based scholarships, and other departmental scholarships are available. All applicants are also encouraged to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and add UMO to it (FAFSA Code: 002949).For more information, visit: https://umo.edu/traditional-undergraduate-financial-aid/
- We are also a proud partner of RaiseMe.
At this time, we are offering visits by appointment-only to one family at a time, and masks are required to be worn while on campus. Should a family like to schedule an appointment, please have them call our main Admissions Office phone number at 919-658-7794.
We encourage students to tour our campus and athletic facilities virtually: http://umo.edu/campus-visit/
At this time, we are unable to accommodate group visits.
Our Admissions Representatives are happy to schedule a Zoom session with your students! We can schedule individual appointments or give presentations to groups of students over Zoom.
The University of Mount Olive is a NCAA Division II school competing in Conference Carolinas. Any student interested in being recruited or participating on one of our athletic teams should fill out the Recruit Questionnaire found on our website: www.umotrojans.com
SAT Code: 5435
ACT Code: 3131
FAFSA Code: 002949