Clinical Coordinator / Assistant Professor within MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program – Remote
The University of Mount Olive invites applications for Clinical Coordinator/Assistant Professor within the online Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program position, starting January 6, 2023. This position would be a faculty appointment of 12 months. Position reports directly to the Counseling Department Chair within the School of Arts and Sciences.
Preference will be given to applicants that demonstrate knowledge, experience, and skill set to serve as clinical coordinator, maintain compliance with CACREP Section 3 – Professional Practice, to supervise students as they move through their clinical placements. The ideal candidate will demonstrate problem-solving skills, the ability to manage data, understand human behavior, and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach a wide range of online graduate-level Counseling courses.
- Course design to align with CACREP standards.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Serve as liaison between program, clinical training sites, and clinical supervisors.
- Develop annual reports related to clinical placements.
- Collaborate as a team member within the department and across areas of the university.
- Doctorate degree in Counselor Education. Degree must be from a regionally accredited institution(s).
- Active and unrestricted National Certified Counselor; and, Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor; and Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor.
- Eligible for LCMHC Supervisor designation within one year of employment.
- Experience developing and/or teaching graduate online Counseling courses within CACREP-accredited program/s.
- Demonstrated evidence of counseling professional identity.
- Professional counseling experience strongly preferred.
- Supervision of field practicum and/or internship.
- Graduate from a CACREP-accredited program.
Compensation and Academic Rank:
Commensurate with education and experience. UMO offers a competitive fringe benefit program including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and graduate and undergraduate transcripts to Manager of Faculty Records/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: email@example.com.