Core Faculty Assistant Professor of Counselor Education within the MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program – REMOTE
The University of Mount Olive invites applications for the position of Core Faculty Assistant Professor of Counselor Education within the online Masters of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. The appointment start date is for Fall 2023 and begins on August 1st, 2023. This is a 12-month appointment. The position reports directly to the Counseling Department Chair within the School of Arts and Sciences.
The successful candidate will teach core counseling program courses aligned with CACREP Standards. Experience teaching assessment, research, and addictions courses; teaching in an asynchronous and synchronous online environment; and the ability to provide a diverse student population with a graduate education in counseling that is sensitive to diversity, equity, and inclusion, promotes advocacy and social justice, and encourages lifelong self-exploration and professional development is desirable.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teaching a wide range of online graduate-level Counseling courses.
- Designing courses to align with CACREP Standards.
- Mentoring and advising counseling program students.
- Serving the University through participating on department, school, and university-wide committees.
- Contributing to the counseling profession through scholarly activities.
- Collaborating as a team member within the department and across areas of the university.
- Doctoral degree in Counselor Education & Supervision. Degree must be from a CACREP accredited and regionally accredited institution.
- Active, and unrestricted National Certified Counselor and/or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LCHMC) or ability to obtain licensure.
- Experience developing and teaching graduate online Counseling courses within CACREP accredited program(s).
- Experience teaching assessment, research, and addictions courses.
- Demonstrates evidence of counseling professional identity.
- Professional counseling experience.
- Supervision of practicum and/or internship.
- Eligible for LCMHC Supervisor designation OR NBCC Approved Counseling Supervisor (ACS) credential.
About the University of Mount Olive’s M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program:
The program is a unique online graduate counseling program using a cohort model that offers students the flexibility of online learning with the feel of an on-ground program. Our faculty are highly engaged in providing a student-centered, high-quality learning experience. Asynchronous weekly class meetings involving a high degree of student engagement are a norm in this program. Demonstrating a commitment to teaching excellence, using advanced instructional technologies to improve teaching/learning processes, and a commitment to the counseling profession are fundamental to our values. This is a year-round program (fall, spring, and summer) that students complete in 2 ½ years.
Compensation and Academic Rank:
Commensurate with education and experience. UMO offers a competitive fringe benefit program including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, list of three references, and graduate and undergraduate transcripts to: Manager of Faculty Records/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St./Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.