Director of Career Services
The University of Mount Olive has an opening for the position of Director of Career Services. The Director of Career Services is charged with providing 21st-century leadership for Career Services at UMO. This includes ensuring the mission and values of the University are demonstrated throughout the department.
- Maintains and oversees all aspects of the campus career services department to ensure quality delivery of career services programs.
- Keeps students informed of employment activities and opportunities (e.g., job fairs, employer recruitment events, current open positions, etc.).
- Plans, organizes, and executes employer recruitment events.
- Provides career coaching to help students and alumni set and reach their employment goals.
- Provides practical training and assistance in basic job search techniques (e.g., résumé and cover letter preparation, interviewing skills, etc.).
- Ensures students and alumni have access to a variety of employment resources (e.g., database of employment possibilities, career guidance references, employment literature, etc.).
- Works with students and alumni one‐on‐one to build a trusting relationship, facilitate mock interviews, create individualized employment strategies, and provide ongoing assistance and support when needed.
- Assist undeclared students in major and career exploration.
- Collaborate with academic partners such as the Vice President of Academic Affairs, Faculty, and Advising Department to enhance comprehensive career development opportunities for students.
- Collaborate with Alumni Relations and Institutional Advancement to strengthen with relationships with alumni, local businesses, and industry.
- Develop and conduct campus-wide education and in-service training to increase awareness of relevant disability-related issues.
- Oversight over Career Services and Disability Services budgets.
- Web Content Editor for Career Services and Disability websites.
- Perform other additional duties as required.
- Master’s degree required.
- Career Services experience a plus.
To apply candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to Cindi Wellinger, Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs at CWellinger@umo.edu. A review of applications will begin on June 3, 2023.
The University of Mount Olive is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes applicants from underrepresented groups. To learn more about the University of Mount Olive, please visit umo.edu.