Director of First Year Experience and Traditional Student Advisor
The University of Mount Olive seeks an energetic candidate for the position of Director of First Year Experience and Traditional Student Advisor. The Director of First Year Experience (FYE) and Traditional Student Advisor (TSA) is a 12-month administrative position that is responsible for providing coordination, oversight, and assessment of a comprehensive first-year experience for students. Additional responsibilities include an advising load of first-year freshman students. This retention-focused position will provide the support, knowledge, and skills necessary to facilitate student academic success, foster a greater sense of community, and increase student persistence and retention.
- The Director/TSA should have experience with innovative student success and retention initiatives in a higher education setting including first-year experience comprehensive programming. Experience working with professionals across the University setting including the Academic Resource Center, Writing Center, Career Center, Student Accessibility Services, and in Living and Learning Communities. In addition, the Director/TSA should have experience with advising, financial aid, and business office procedures.
- Experience collaborating with Summer Orientation and Welcome Weeks programming.
- The Director/TSA should also have experience in providing assistance to resolve operational and administration problems; identify problem areas and issues; conduct research to find alternative solutions; make recommendations; assist in implementation of recommendations.
- The Director/TSA should have experience in assessment, budget development and management, staff/student supervision, and advising.
- The Director/TSA should also have experience in attending professional group meetings and workshops; a willingness to stay abreast of new trends and maintain a working knowledge of information related to area of assignment.
- Master’s degree in an appropriately related Higher Education field required.
- Minimum of two to four years in higher education with direct experience in the development and implementation of FYE curriculum, programs, and student advising.
Candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references to Cindi Wellinger, Executive Assistant for Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. A review of applications will begin on June 3, 2023.
The University of Mount Olive is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes applicants from underrepresented groups. To learn more about the University of Mount Olive, please visit umo.edu.