Associate Vice President for the University of Mount Olive Society and Constituent Relations
Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy, Associate Vice President for the University of Mount Olive Society and Constituent Relations will have oversight and management of all annual giving programs, this includes and not limited to mail, digital, social, giving days, and segmented based giving solicitations across the University’s constituent communities – alumni, parents, friends, community partners.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and high-level support to the Vice President of Philanthropy and the Institutional Advancement team in formulating a strong action plan for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects for annual and multi-year gifts
- Knowledge of advancement programs and annual, leadership and major gift development, including prospect tracking systems and proper documentation standards
- Plan and execute annual giving solicitations as well as personal leadership solicitation strategies leading to increased giving society participation
- Proven ability to analyze, plan, and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel extensively by both car and plane, often outside the university’s normal business hours
- Maintain computer records of contacts and solicitations, and implement stewardship activities as gifts and pledge payments are received
- Maintain personal development travel schedule and coordinate cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with Institutional Advancement
- Identify and cultivate a prospect pool of graduates and other key constituencies
- Sustain an active portfolio of donor relationships to increase leadership-level giving, complete 15 or more personal visits each month, coordinate various fund-raising project planning, implementation, and reporting, and manage staff
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant fund-raising experience, within higher education, preferred; track record of success in managing annual giving programs, securing leadership, and meeting fundraising goals
- Proven record of leadership and accomplishment in the field of development and fundraising success, especially in annual and leadership giving
- Proven record of being a self-starter, who is proactive and goal-oriented with the ability to work autonomously and take initiative and make decisions
- Superior oral, non-oral, and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of donor database systems; Raiser’s Edge software preferred
- Proven supervisory and team leadership experience
- Availability for periodic evening and weekend work is required
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references to Ms. Brenda Pridgen, Administrative Assistant to the Sr. VP for Finance, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepting Applications until position is filled.