Faculty / Band Director
University of Mount Olive
The School of Arts and Sciences is seeking applicants for a full-time (9.5 month) Band Director faculty position beginning Fall 2023 (August 1, 2023 start date). This position would be responsible for the following duties.
- Directs Symphonic Band/Orchestra and Jazz Band
- Programs symphonic ensemble performances for events on and off campus
- Recruits instrumental performers to the institution through high school and community college connections
- Travel to high schools, community colleges, and band clinics/festivals
- Meet with prospective music and band students visiting campus and communicate with prospective students and families via phone, email, and text
- Assist with on-campus recruitment programs such as visit days and special talent scholarship auditions.
- Build relationships with high school and community college band directors, teachers, community groups, and other personnel
- Manages and distributes scholarship budgets associated with Band programs
- Faculty position with a full-time teaching load—ensembles do count towards load
- Faculty role includes advising/mentoring music education majors
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Music, Music Education preferred
- Proven experience in Conducting and leading bands
- Strong pedagogical skills in instrumental ensemble directorship, classroom, and instrument
To apply: Send a cover letter, vita, transcripts sent directly from universities/colleges, three references with contact information, and a statement of teaching philosophy to Cindi Wellinger at email@example.com. Accepting applications until position is filled.