Faculty/Program Coordinator in Human Services
The Department of Psychology at the University of Mount Olive seeks applicants for a full-time Faculty/Program Coordinator position in Human Services to begin on August 1, 2023. This position is a 12-month faculty position. The Program Coordinator is responsible to their appropriate Department Chair, Dean, and Vice President for Academic Affairs and works with Professors in the department/program to provide effective instructional programs. Primary responsibilities will be for the online program in Human Services.
- Participates in administrative decision-making within the total curriculum program, including annual reviews.
- Plans, compiles, edits, and maintains annual program assessment for Human Services.
- Participates in the development of the semester schedule in collaboration with the appropriate offices at the University.
- Completes other duties as required to meet the academic needs of the Program, Department, and University.
- Coordinates departmental/program text selection and maintains required course templates.
- Coordinates communication and collaborates with appropriate community partners.
- Establish an advisory board for Human Services at UMO.
- Teach a full load of courses in accordance with UMO 12-month faculty load requirements that meet the needs of the University.
- Maintain compliance with all teaching responsibilities for assigned courses.
- Master’s degree or higher in Human Services or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Commitment to teaching and advising undergraduate students.
- Doctorate in Human Services or closely related field.
- Teaching experience in the discipline or a closely related field.
- Strong community involvement and advocacy for the area of human services.
- Experience developing and delivering human services curriculum.
Compensation and Academic Rank:
Commensurate with education and experience. UMO offers a competitive fringe benefit program including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Send a cover letter, resume, teaching philosophy and the role of human services within the community, unofficial transcripts for graduate education, list of three references, which must be sent directly from the institutions to: Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs/University of Mount Olive/634 Henderson St/Mount Olive, NC 28365/or email: Facultyapplication@umo.edu
The University of Mount Olive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.