University of Mount Olive
The University of Mount Olive has an immediate opening for a part-time Flight Instructor. The Flight Instructor must be an energetic professional with the passion to deliver quality instruction. This Flight Instructor must also maintain a high level of performance standards, with a focus on a safe environment and exceptional customer service.
The successful candidate will assume the following responsibilities:
- Teaching students how to fly in a variety of settings using methods that include textbook education, simulators and live flight training.
- Responsible for training students in subjects such as aircraft systems, operating procedures, handling emergencies, problem analysis, aircraft navigation, radio operation and aerodynamics.
- Use ground-school classes both to teach students the basics of flying an aircraft and to help them prepare for the written test they can expect to face when applying for their pilot’s license from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Provide flight, simulator, and ground instruction in accordance with Part 61 and 141, FAA regulations, Airmen’s Information Manual, advisory circulars, airport operations, and University policies and procedures. Schedule students, maintain records, and ensure that course standards, training requirements, and objectives are met by each student in each flight course.
- Contact and meet with potential new customers. Conduct tours of facilities and familiarize customers with University policies, procedures, and flight training courses.
- Ensure all students understand and practice all aspects of safety program.
- Regularly schedule each assigned student to ensure satisfactory progress through the course and immediately inform supervisor of any delays in training or satisfactory progress.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining all appropriate records to include student training record, student logbook, and computer records.
- Responsible for the timely course completion of all flight students assigned, including completion of required paperwork.
- Monitor the maintenance condition of the training aircraft and inform appropriate personnel of any questionable items.
- Recommend curriculum and courseware improvements when appropriate and develop new curriculum or courseware as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires FAA certification as CFI, CFII (Certified Flight Instructor, Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument); CFMEII (Certified Flight Instructor, Instrument, Multi-Engine) is preferred.
- Preferred to have some experience in flight training as a flight instructor and evaluator.
- Must hold a current Second Class FAA Medical Certificate.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to the Director of Flight Operations, Gary Whaley, at email@example.com Accepting applications until position is filled.