All students of the University of Mount Olive are eligible to use the services of the Health Center.
Students taking four or more hours are asked to submit a physical form dated within one year of attendance and signed by either a physician or advanced practice professional. (Student athletes need the physical performed and submitted three months prior to attendance.) Security and confidentiality is assured if the physical form is mailed in the green Health Services envelope provided in your admission package or faxed to 919-635-3778. Health Services is also responsible for collecting your immunization history. North Carolina requires that students attending a four-year college must be compliant in their immunizations and this includes three DDPs, two MMRs, three Hepatitis B (if born after July 1994), and a tDAP within the last 10 years.
Health Services is staffed by a licensed registered nurse (JoAnne Morgan, RN), and hours at the Milton M. Lownes Jr., MD Student Health Center are Mondays-Fridays 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. All visits to Health Services are confidential.
WHAT WE DO
- Arrange for physical(s) or hospital referrals, as warranted
- Give over-the-counter medications at no cost to students
- Follow-up wound care
- Monitoring of chronic conditions, such as diabetes or high blood pressure
- Flu shots at cost
- Health education
- Lab testing including, but not limited to, blood sugars, hemoglobins, total cholesterol, pregnancy and strep
- Injections of patient supplied vaccines
- Tuberculin skin tests at cost
- First aid
WHAT WE DO NOT DO
- Allergy shots
- Write prescriptions or give prescription medications