Master of Education
The Master of Education, delivered 100% online, allows students who already hold a Level A teaching license to gain Level M licensure while providing an individualized approach to enhance teachers’ skills and career opportunities in specific content areas. Graduates will emerge from the Master of Education program as Transformative Teacher Leaders with a knowledge base appropriate for National Board Certification application.
Scholarships worth up to $5000 total over the course of the program are available for qualifying students. These scholarships will be applied on a per credit basis as a qualifying student advances through the program.
Key Program Features
Receive additional learning opportunities. Students who received National Board Certification will receive credit for their work. Students who do not have their National Board endorsement and would like to do so will be provided the opportunity to prepare for certification.
Work within a professional learning community enabling students to interact with UMO faculty and professionals from within their community.
Integrate theory into practice
The Master of Education at UMO provides each student with an individualized program to accommodate specific needs and interests. Upon completion, graduates are recommended for graduate-level licensure in one of three content areas:
- Early Childhood Education (B-K)
- Special Education (General Curriculum)
The University of Mount Olive has been approved to offer the MEd program by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction to the North Carolina Board of Education.
- EDU 580 Management, Ethics, and Law
- EDU 587 Diversity and School Culture
- EDU 585 Theory and Methods of Teaching/Learning
- EDU 586 Transformative Educational Leadership
- EDU 601 Educational Research
- EDU 620 Advanced Literacy Development
- Practicum Courses Based on Content Area: Birth – Kindergarten, Elementary, Special Education (general)