Pope Wellness Center
Featuring a variety of cardio and weight equipment, on site men’s and women’s locker rooms, as well as a wide selection of fitness classes, the University of Mount Olive’s Pope Wellness Center is a favorite spot for students, university employees, and community members alike.
|Monday - Friday:||8 a.m. – 10 p.m.|
|Saturday:||11 a.m. – 8 p.m.|
|Sunday:||1 p.m. – 8 p.m.|
- Face covering must be worn at all times covers the mouth and nose.
- Capacity use has been reduce to:
- Weight Room – 10 people
- Cardio area – 9 people
- Green Room – 6 people
- Basketball Gym – 6 people, 1 person per hoop, no pick-up games.
- Practice Social Distancing by being 6ft apart.
- Do not move benches or other equipment.
- Thoroughly wipe down equipment before and after use with disinfectant materials provided.
- Adhere to all signage in the facility.
- adhere to all guidelines and instructions provided by the Pope Wellness Center and its employees.
- You assume all risk and liability for your health and well-being by physically attending the Pope Wellness Center despite the COVID19 pandemic.
- Do not visit the Pope Wellness Center if you are experiencing and flu-like symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, new loss of tests or smell, sore throat.
**Failure to abide by any of the above rules and guidelines, or failure to listen to a Pope Wellness Staff member, will result in loss of privilege to use the facilities.
Group Fitness Classes
Get fit, involved, and moving! The Pope Wellness Center offers a variety of classes throughout the week. We have plenty of great offerings for you to choose from.
If you enjoy moving, fun, and the group atmosphere, one of our classes is waiting for you! All fitness classes are held in the Group Fitness Room. The current group fitness classes offered are:
- Adult Fitness
- Circuit Training
- Core Training
- Cross Training
- Kettlebell Training
- Total Body Fitness
No matter what your fitness goal may be, we’re sure to offer a class that fits your needs. Classes last 45-60 minutes, and vary in intensity. Students and members will receive a semester schedule of classes offered. What’s more, classes are included in their membership at no extra cost!
Pope Wellness Center has a full-size basketball court with six hoops. This is a popular spot for students to shoot hoops or put together a 3-on-3 game.
Cardio And Weight Training
The Pope Wellness Center contains a full line of cardio equipment, such as treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, upright bikes, spinning bikes, rowers, and a stair climber. For weight training, the facility has two platforms fully loaded with men’s and women’s barbells, bumper plates, and power racks. In addition, we have a full line of plate-loaded Hammer Strength and pin- loaded Body Masters strength training equipment. We also have a variety of core strengthening equipment.