Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Prelicensure BSN)
The University of Mount Olive offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Prelicensure BSN) in both a daytime and evening/weekend/summer format. Now more than ever, the nursing profession needs qualified, caring, and professional nurses. Our program prepares you with the general education, fundamental skills, and professional and evidence-based practice necessary for a successful and meaningful career. If you are not already a Registered Nurse, this program affords you a great opportunity to earn your RN while also earning the Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Key Program Features
60 sh of general education will be completed before you are accepted into the Prelicensure BSN degree program (freshmen and sophomore years)
Our daytime track is collegiate athlete-friendly allowing daytime students to play sports and become a BSN prepared nurse
Daytime track accommodates 50 residential or commuter students who complete their didactic and clinical courses during the weekdays, allowing for a summer break
“Fast-track” accommodates 50 commuter students who complete their didactic courses in the evenings and their clinicals on the weekends, including the summer
60 sh of core nursing major courses are offered during the junior and senior years
Complete clinicals in a variety of patient care settings
Train in a $1 million, state-of-the-art Nursing Simulation Laboratory
Interact with accomplished nurse educators and administrators; network as you learn
The University of Mount Olive offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Prelicensure BSN) in both a daytime format for residential or commuter students, as well as an “fast-track” format that runs in the evenings, weekends, and all summer for commuter students. The daytime format is collegiate-athlete friendly! This allows students to pick the format that best suits their personal and professional needs. Students will experience a state-of-the-art simulated clinical experience for adults, labor and delivery, and pediatrics. Our $1 million Nursing Simulation Laboratory features the brand new SimMan 3G PLUS. UMO is second organization in the world to offer this simulation!
- Upon passing the NCLEX-RN, they will be a baccalaureate-prepared Registered Nurse (RN)
- Effective Communication
- Caring Science and Mindfulness Practice
- Patient Advocate
- Healthcare Policy
- Quality Improvement
- Public Speaking
The Prelicensure BSN degree program is overseen by the North Carolina Board of Nursing (NCBON).
All our Prelicensure BSN students complete 945 hours of clinicals in a variety of patient care settings, including their 120-hour senior year preceptorship prior to graduation.
Application Opens August 1 the year prior to enrollment
Deadline to Apply: January 15
Fall Semester Start Only
Eligible candidates will need to have completed prerequisite coursework and have patient care experience. Click here to see the specific admissions requirements.
No standardized test required
How to Apply:
- Go to www.umo.edu/apply
- Create an account
- Select the ‘Daytime Traditional Undergraduate’ application from the dropdown menu.
- Then select the ‘Nursing: Pre-Licensure BSN (Daytime or Evening/Weekend) application from the second dropdown menu.
- Proceed to fill out the application and hit submit on the last page.
- Must be a US citizen
- Student cannot have any academic integrity violations
- Student must clear criminal background check
- Student must have a clear drug screen
- Student must have ALL immunizations up-to-date as defined by the University and the Prelicensure BSN degree program policies
- Staff nurse in any healthcare setting
- Case management
- Quality assurance coordinator
- Public health nurse
- School nurse
- Military nurse
- Clinical research nurse
- Nurse educator for nursing assistants, medical assistants, etc.
- Continue to graduate school to become a Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nurse Practitioner, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Executive, Nurse Educator for prelicensure nursing programs.