Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
The RN to BSN program, delivered 100% online, is designed for active and unencumbered licensed registered nurses. This program expands clinical skills for registered nurses through a foundation of the liberal arts, sciences, and humanities as well as developing stronger research abilities, and improving communication techniques. A BSN degree is essential if you plan to move away from basic clinical care and transition into administration or teaching.
Key Program Features
Learn innovative ways to improve patient outcomes and enhance patient care, including lower mortality rates, lower failure to rescue rates, and higher proficiency in making good diagnoses
Attain skills to move into a management or leadership role or seek new opportunities in today’s competitive job market
Designed as a convenient and affordable option for active and unencumbered licensed registered nurses (RNs), you can earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in an environment that values the experience of an RN and accommodates the hectic schedule of a busy adult.
The terminal programmatic outcomes for the online RN to BSN degree program reflect all nine of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN] Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice (AACN, 2008), enabling our graduates to practice within complex healthcare systems and assume the roles of provider of care, designer/manager/coordinator of care, and member of a profession.
Innovative teaching-learning strategies are used to develop newly acquired skills in the following BSN degree topics:
- Principles of Leadership in Nursing
- Healthcare Law & Ethics
- Health Policy and Issues in Nursing
- Family, Community, and Population-Based Care
- Nursing Theory
- Applied Statistics for Nursing
- Nursing Research Methodology
- Research and Scholarship of Evidence-Based Practice
We have assigned direct and indirect care practice experiences built into our program that you can complete in your hometown.
The RN to BSN degree program at the University of Mount Olive is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, (202) 887-6791.
- NUR 300 Transition to Baccalaureate Nursing
- NUR 320 Introduction to Nursing Leadership
- NUR 330 Law and Ethics for Healthcare Professionals
- NUR 340 Transcultural and Global Nursing
- NUR 360 Health Policy and Issues in Nursing
- NUR 440 Community Health Nursing
- NUR 480 Professional Role Development
- NUR 455 Nursing Theory
- NUR 465 Applied Statistic for Nursing
- NUR 475 Introduction to Evidence-Based Practice
- NUR 485 Introduction to Nursing Research
- NUR 495 Evidence-Based Practice Proposal