The teacher residency program is designed specifically for candidates who have been hired by a school system to fill a teaching position. We must have verification from their employer that they are indeed lead teachers.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Verified employment by a school system in a teaching position
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.7 (minimum)
Students may be admitted at the beginning of fall, spring, or summer semesters.
A formal program of study will be created for each student prior to registration for any classes.
- Completion of 16 semester hours of coursework in professional studies
- Minimum 2.7 GPA
- Completion of PPAT (Praxis Performance Assessment for Teachers)
- Completion of any content-area coursework as prescribed by the department
- Praxis II if required for content area