The licensure-only program is specifically designed for candidates who have already earned an undergraduate degree and now wish to obtain a license to teach and are not currently employed as a teacher.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Degree should be in the field for which licensure is sought or in a closely related field
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 (minimum)
Students may be admitted at the beginning of fall, spring, or summer semesters.
A formal program of study will be created for each student prior to registration for any classes.
- Completion of 15 semester hours of coursework in professional studies
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Completion of semester-long student teaching internship
- Completion of any additional content-area coursework as prescribed by the Department of Education
- PRAXIS TWO if required for content area