The Nontraditional Legacy Scholarship was established in 2017 by the University of Mount Olive Alumni Association. This scholarship is funded by a portion of the proceeds generated from the annual alumni fundraising event. The thoughtful and generous gifts of alumni, staff, faculty, and friends enable students to attend the University of Mount Olive, thus building a legacy and lasting impact on our society, which extends indefinitely beyond their lives.
Nontraditional Legacy Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to apply for the Nontraditional Legacy Scholarship, applicants must meet the below listed criteria:
- Must be enrolled as a seated, degree seeking student in a nontraditional program.
- Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester (not through any partnerships or consortium agreements)
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be a returning student who has completed at least one successful semester with a GPA of 2.5 of higher and making SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
To be considered for the Nontraditional Legacy Scholarship, applicants must complete the required Nontraditional Legacy Scholarship application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applications are available at the location you attend, and are also housed online at www.umo.edu/legacyscholarship
- Scholarships will be awarded in fall and spring semesters, (1) student per semester. Nontraditional proceeds are split evenly among all locations, however total amount raised will vary each academic year. Former recipients are eligible to reapply.
- Fall deadline: July 1 of each year
- Spring deadline: December 1 of each year
- A standing committee of University of Mount Olive location representatives will review and select recipients. All awards will be disbursed through the Financial Aid office. Students with a current award package covering the full cost of attendance will see a reduction in loans to allow for the scholarship.
The University of Mount Olive promotes an equal opportunities policy. Scholarship awards follow a fair and transparent selection process.