Spring Alumni Weekend 2013
MOUNT OLIVE – University of Mount Olive is preparing for its 2013 Spring Alumni Weekend which will take place from April 19-21 at various locations on the Mount Olive campus. There will be a multitude of fun activities for MOC alumni to enjoy while they catch up with old friends and relive their years at the College.
Below is a schedule of events:
- On Friday April 19th, the weekend will kick off with MOC Idol: Student and Alumni Talent Show at 8 p.m. in Southern Bank Auditorium.
- On Saturday April 20th, there will be an Alumni Board Meeting at 9 a.m. in the Best Room.
- At noon Dr. and Mrs. Kerstetter will host the 50th Reunion Luncheon at their home located on 626 W. Main Street.
- At 2 p.m. there will be an Alumni Awards Ceremony in the Alumni Dining Room, located inside of the Lois K. Murphy Regional Center at 630 Henderson Street. The ceremony will include a presentation honoring Professor of Religion Emeritus Dr. Michael Pelt.
- At 6 p.m. there will be a cookout on the Kemp Commons.
- At 7:30 p.m. Java and Jazz featuring MOC alumna Sharon Mervin will begin in the Deacon Jones Café located inside W. Burkette and Rose M. Raper Hall at 652 R.B. Butler Drive.
- On Sunday, April 21st, there will be a light breakfast at 9 a.m. in the Best Room located inside of the Lois K. Murphy Regional Center at 630 Henderson Street.
- At 9:45 a.m. there will be a worship service around the Alumni Crosswalk.
- At 10:30 a.m. Dr. and Mrs. Kerstetter will conclude the Spring Alumni Weekend with the 25th Reunion Brunch at their home located on 626 W. Main Street.
- Last but not least, all weekend long the spring student Art Show will be on display in the Teresa Pelt Grubbs Art Gallery at 500 Herring Drive in Laughinghouse Hall.
“Alumni Weekend should be a time when our alumni can just be together,” said Hope Fields, director of Alumni Relations. “A time for reunions and reuniting old friendships. I look forward to this weekend of times to just be together, and I encourage all of our alumni to set up times with their old classmates during the weekend to reunite.”
For more information about Spring Alumni Weekend 2013, or to sign up for MOC: Idol, please contact the Director of Alumni Relations, Hope Fields, at email@example.com or by phone at 919-658-7714.
University of Mount Olive is a private institution rooted in the liberal arts tradition with defining Christian values. The College, sponsored by the Convention of Original Free Will Baptists, has locations in Mount Olive, New Bern, Wilmington, Goldsboro, Research Triangle Park, Washington and Jacksonville. For more information, visit www.moc.edu.